A student must earn a minimum of 22 credits to graduate from West Aurora High School.
1. Under special circumstances, junior and senior students can obtain a “physical education waiver”. Students can obtain more information about the “physical educational waiver” by contacting their school counselor.
2. A student may meet the Consumer Economic requirement by participating in and passing a full year of a school-sponsored work co-op program. In these cases, students must substitute another social studies class for the Economics course since two years of social studies are required for graduation.
For students planning on attending a four year university after graduation, admissions requirements may vary. See individual university web pages for specifics. In general, students planning on attending a four year university after high school should plan on the following:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math (Algebra, Geometry and Algebra 2)
- 3 years of science
- 3 years of social studies
- 2 years of the same foreign language
- 2 years of fine arts or 2 years of vocational course